Thank-you for considering Blue Gecko for your remote DBA provider.
At Blue Gecko we live and breathe for Oracle and Open Source databases. Every day of the year we handle Oracle databases, Oracle applications, Oracle E-Business Suites, and LAMP environments – 24 hours a day.
This we do for large global coperations as well as smaller national companies which all have the one thing in common: Their environment is business critical.
We are not a consulting firm that also provides remote services for our customers; we focus on methods, tools, pricing, and people that make us a better, more responsive remote service provider. Blue Gecko approaches remote administration as a core competency, and how we provide a superior remote administration experience that accommodates a wide range of customer needs:
- We have developed a pricing and service structure that provides a low entry-level commitment, and scales to hundreds of hours of service per month, all while charging our customers only for work performed.
- We have deloved practice for fix price services, including Incident handling etc.
- We have developed and integrated a set of tools to provide a proven, reliable, and flexible 24/7 monitoring platform.
- We have developed internal tracking and operational applications that transparently schedules and capture all work performed, and establish run-books that allows us to follow site-specific rules and procedures for each customer.
- Finally, we have assembled a team of committed technology service people who have the single mission of helping our customers get the most out of their investments; we place as heavy an emphasis on customer service as we do on technical capability when recruiting and hiring.
Customers may use our team on-demand, with no ongoing commitment, may purchase blocks of support time or even sign support service level agrements that include incident handling etc.
– what ever the business requirements are, we will commit to them
Our support is never restricted to a particular database, server, time of day, or skill set; all Blue Gecko customers have full access to the entire Blue Gecko team 24/7 with a guaranteed SLA. All customers are assigned a technical account manager and a project manager to keep projects big and small moving along, and to make sure that customers are getting the most out of their support time. All customers have access to Blue Gecko’s monitoring and tracking tools that are geared specifically around remote administration.
Because of our flexibility, our team may play different roles depending on the needs of our customer:
- Backup coverage for a lone, on-site DBA.
- Mentoring on-site DBA or systems staff.
- Augmentation of existing staff to provide 24/7 coverage or add specific skills.
- Full outsourcing of DBA and systems responsibilities.
We have no long-term requirements; customers may adjust their service levels up and down or cancel them altogether as required. Many of our customers have grown from start-ups to mature, profitable organizations all while using Blue Gecko administration services however it was most convenient for them at any given time. We are proud to say we still have many of our original customers from our inception.
Our team features some of the world’s highest certified and most dedicated consultants. This is why we don’t hesitate to call ourselves experts – a title that makes us committed, and that we are.
For this reason, we have made our core competence – Oracle and LAMP operation & support – available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, no matter where in the world you are or how large or complex your environtment would be.