I’m pleased to announce the release of DBD::mysql, the MySQL Perl client, 4.020. The release has several great fixes provided by the community, and in particular from Masahiro Chiba, who fixed several issues pertaining to prepared statement support as well as UTF8 support, something that I myself have had a difficult time fixing and testing.
From the Change log:
2011-08-15 Patrick Galbraith (4.020)
* Numerous (!! Thank you!!) fixes for prepared statements: Masahiro Chiba
– Chop blanks fixed
– UTF8 improvements
– fixed memory allocation for BLOBs
* Fix in leak test, which failed sometime due to first assignment $prev_size over
paging (Masahiro Chiba)
* Catalog test allows use of schemas other than ‘test’ (Masahiro Chiba)
* Documentation fix for auto_reconnect (Karen Etheridge )
* Win32 and general installation fixes (Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net)
I want to thank Masahiro, Karen and Alexandr for their contributions, which made this release possible. I want to again thank everyone who submits bugs as well as simply using this driver!
The release can be found at:
As well as simply installing DBD::mysql from CPAN.